internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Baiting Spamtraps

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Baiting Spamtraps
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:58:15 -0400

on Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 10:17:12AM -0400, David Minton wrote:
> Is it ethical to bait Spamtraps? I figure, why wait for the
> harvesters, why not get the Spamtrap addresses into circulation
> faster. Are there any really good lists to subscribe to to make sure
> you get tons of spam?

Oh, and - if you subscribe, it's not spam. :)

As for getting spam, I've found that simply posting an address to the
Web is more or less a guarantee of more spam. Sometimes, within just a
few hours of posting a new address, it's being spammed.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier