internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Defeating the thought police

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Joey Carr <joey AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Defeating the thought police
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:47:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, U. Jason Gloege Jr. wrote:

> > OK, so long as I can be a citizen of Mr. Lee's Greater Hong Kong.
>
> yeah, 'cause then we can just let the rat-things take care of us.

<GRIN>So, yeah, I stole the idea from Neal Stevenson, but he stole it from
history first.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/mussolini-fascism.html

Sadly I can't find the *full* text of this, if anyone can find a more
complete version please let me know. If you don't get too hung up on the
really offensive bits like the opening paragraph then Mussolini sounds a
lot like our modern neo-conservatives (that's why I'd like a full text
version, because he eases the readers into it a bit more).

That's not to say that neo-conservatism is crypto-facsism, this is merely
presented as an interesting illustration of how madness can be dressed up
as sanity--how easy it is to buy into *very* wrong rhetoric.

-Joey

--

"I've got 3D stereophonic laser love"
-Lyam Lynch, "Fake David Bowie Song"