internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Popular Baby Names

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Popular Baby Names
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:53:23 -0400

on Wed, May 14, 2003 at 12:40:22AM -0400, David Minton wrote:
> How popular is your name? Mine was #2 the year I was born (1968)--I guess
> (luckily) my parents were not too creative.

I was named Steven (with a v, to avoid confusion - heh) because my mom
thought everyone around her was naming their baby Michael. And, so it
seems, they were (I was born in 1970). But then we moved from NY state
to Maine, and I was one of five Steves within a square country mile
(Champeon, Fahsel, Thibert, Kydd, and Gray). You had to walk two miles
for a Michael, but there were literally dozens of Jeffs.

Tell her to name it whatever they like :)

Except Michael.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier