internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DomainMonger IP

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Brian Godfrey <brian.godfrey AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DomainMonger IP
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 16:08:17 -0400

Look in your add/remove programs and see if you have New.Net aka NewdotNet listed there. If so uninstall it, that is a notorius alternative DNS structure

Dallas Smith wrote:
More info:
I pinged the site to see what IP I get for the site and I get 216.52.102.86 and my friend who can view www.rinksmart.com <http://www.rinksmart.com> said his computer says the IP is 208.179.48.152. I checked with a coworker and he said he's having the same problem and noticed it with www.palmgear.com <http://www.palmgear.com>. Is there some kind of DNS server hijacking going on?
Dallas
--
Dallas Anne Smith
dallas.smith AT pobox.com <mailto:dallas.smith AT pobox.com>