internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DomainMonger

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Brian Godfrey <brian.godfrey AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DomainMonger
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 16:03:53 -0400

Dallas,

Try getting Spybot and Ad-Aware from download.com. If you need I can email those to you. I suspect you have some spy ware running on your machine.

Dallas Smith wrote:
This week I've had trouble with some random website taking over my web browser. I'll visit a random site and when I go back to it, whether a couple days or just hours, it will come up as not found and have an ad for Domainmonger. I know the sites are there because I have friends check them at the same time, but on both machines in my office, I'm getting the bogus site. I've emptied my cached files and cookies and I get the same results on IE 6.0, Netscape 6.2, Netscape 4.7, and Phoenix 0.5. Right now it's happening when I go to www.rinksmart.com <http://www.rinksmart.com>, yesterday it happened to www.ticketmaster.com <http://www.ticketmaster.com>. A little while later, it went back to normal and now ticketmaster is fine. Anyone have any suggestions as to what has taken over my computer?
Dallas
--
Dallas Anne Smith
dallas.smith AT pobox.com <mailto:dallas.smith AT pobox.com>