internetworkers - [internetworkers] Shada

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: Internetworkers AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Shada
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:27:26 -0400

I got a very weird message from my ex-husband the other day...weird in that I got a message at all. He found the following to be important enough to look up my current email address, because he knows what a rabid fan of Douglas Adams I am.

BBCi has finally produced the famous lost Doctor Who series called Shada, written by Douglas Adams back before he became well-known for Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. He recycled some plot elements and characters into the novel Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

Anyway, the URL is http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/shada/index.shtml The first episode "aired" last Friday, and they will be releasing the following five weekly. I just finished watching it...the animation is Flash animation, so not great, but the script and audio is cool. It's also downright exciting for Doctor Who or Douglas Adams fans to finally see/hear this. So I guess I have to thank my ex. :)

Diana Duncan
-- This message was written on a new Mac Powerbook G4 17". Yes, 17". Cower, mortals!

  • [internetworkers] Shada, Diana Duncan, 05/05/2003