internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Anyone tried emusic.com?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Laughlin <jason AT jasonlaughlin.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Anyone tried emusic.com?
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 15:20:18 -0400

I've been using emusic off and on for about 4 years and I've enjoyed the variety and depth of some of their collections. There's lots of great material from lesser known artists, lots of back-catalog from some better known artists (jazz, ska, Elvis Costello). I've downloaded lots of material from the Donnas, Mojo Nixon, those mood-focused jazz collections (Jazz at Day's End, Jazz for the Sunday Times, etc.). For a while they had a great deal with They Might Be Giants where TMBG was releasing exclusive content every month through emusic.com (including Long Tall Weekend, which was released only in MP3 format from what I recall). It costs nothing to browse the collection, so go see if it has stuff you're interested, sign up at $10 a month and download like mad. After renewing my subscription recently I downloaded 40 CDs in a weekend.

Jason