internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] NCEITA

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] NCEITA
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:11:04 -0400 (EDT)

NCEITA is an industry/trade group. It's main mission is lobbying
and promoting the IT industry in the state, and it mainly serves
the big players. However, they also have an annual conference which
in the past has included some very high quality panels and
presentations, and is a good networking opportunity. That's where
any value for your $40.00 would lie.

TaB

> This group is new to me. Any info or assessments?
>
> Thanks,
> Kate
>
> Students,
>
> The North Carolina Electronics, Information and Technology
> Association (NCEITA) is now offering STUDENT MEMBERSHIPS. NCEITA
> is based in RTP and its mission is to promote and strengthen the
> electronics,
> telecommunciations, software, Internet and related service
> industries in
> NC through increased public awareness, and to provide a forum to
> learn,
> educate, communicate, promote, network and implement actions.
>
> Student memberships are $40/year (which begins the date you join).
> Many
> IT professionals from the Triangle (esp. RTP) come to these events
> and there
> are plenty of networking opportunities. Check out the
> organization's
> board list <http://www.nceita.org/board/board.html> and membership
> list
> <http://www.nceita.org/mbrship/index.html>.
>
> Some events are FREE to members and some offer a REDUCED
> registration fee for members. If you are interested in joining,
> please visit
> <http://www.nceita.org/mbrship/index.html>. There is also a
> membership packet on display at the front desk in the main office.
>
> Shawn D. Jackson
> Director of Development
> School of Information and Library Science
> Campus Box 3360, 101 Manning Hall
> Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
> (919) 962-8365
> fax (919) 962-8071
> shawn_jackson AT unc.edu
> www.ils.unc.edu

> http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ You are currently subscribed
> to InterNetWorkers mailing list

  • Re: [internetworkers] NCEITA, Thomas Beckett, 04/21/2003