internetworkers - [internetworkers] Best piece of news in a while!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Best piece of news in a while!
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:55:51 -0400

All,

I'm very glad to share this very goooood piece of news:

"Spam King Inundated By Junk Mail, Fails To See The Irony"
http://www.macobserver.com/article/2002/12/06.11.shtml

It looks like that a bunch of Slashdoters decided to use their 1st
admendment right. So they spoke, and wrote and typed... and subscribed
a "Spam King" to all the catalogs, brochures and marketing publications
that they could think.

But, of course, he is not happy at all:

"They've signed me up for every advertising campaign and mailing list
there is. These people are out of their minds. They're harassing me."

In my opinion, he can exercise his right to opt out of those lists, just
as we have the right to opt out of the unsolicited commercial email
(UCE, also known as SPAM).

What? He doesn't like it? Well, I don't like getting unsolicited
commercial email either.

Maybe this will teach him a lesson, and I will get a 2% reduction in my
incomming SPAM.

P.S.: No, I knew nothing of this campaing. And it's a shame. I'd like to
have him subscribed to all kind of catalogs, like: "increase body-parts
sizes", "buy drugs online", "decrease your mortage payments", "get a
diploma", "work fom home", "help Mr. Mobuto Seseseko to recover
$9,000,000,000,000.00 from a Nigeria Bank and get 10%" and soooo many
other catalogs available.

P.S.2: I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good! A Spammer gets some ofhis medicine,
it's warm outside and this beer goes great with my dinner.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/