internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] two for one musical InterNetWorkers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] two for one musical InterNetWorkers
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:50:08 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> My band (the Billion) will be playing with Steve Burnett's band,
> Subscape Annex (Steve, should we really call you a "band," or are you
> more of an "ensemble"?), and we will be gettin' ALL down FREAKY weird

"Known associates" might fit better than "band".

> with a set of totally LIVE IMPROV!
>
> (If you've ever heard the Billion before, just forget all that. this is
> completely different. like, oh, my, wow, whoa completely different.
> like, wear black and smoke cloves kind of different. like, we probably
> should have changed our name to something dark & brooding for it kind of
> completely different. ) (and Steve's folk are - Steve, why don't you
> tell the kind Internetworkers folk what you guys are like??? :-) )

Ambient/industrial looping soundscapes, consisting of Chapman Stick/
theremin, two synthesizers, the occasional sample of something else, along
with visits by spring drums and Tibetan singing bowls. No vocals, unless
it's a sample of something. Comparisons we've heard that I'm willing to
repeat are "Coil with Robert Rich", "Coil with Throbbing Gristle",
"yoga music for Neubaten/GodspeedY!BE fans" and "Steve Roach goes to
Hell".

There's two samples on the website in mp3 format at

http://www.subscapeannex.com/sounds.html

for people to form their own opinions from, and at least three listmembers
here have been to one of our shows who might be able to say how the
stuff sounds from out front (thank you for coming, by the way, if I
haven't said so before).

best,
Steve Burnett
Subscape Annex
http://www.subscapeannex.com/
--
Steve Burnett burnett AT pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval