internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Window of Opportunity For Iraq War?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Window of Opportunity For Iraq War?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:07:18 -0500 (EST)

Yes, it'll be easier on troops and equipment out of the summer heat.

>From what I've read, tho, chemical weapons ie mustard gas, etc dissipate
quicker in hot weather, so are harder to use effectively. OTOH, it might
make sense that hot-weather-weakened troops could be more susceptible to
them. Anyone care to experiment and send us a report? (J/k...)

--Sil

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Michael D. Thomas wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a seasonal window of opportunity for an Iraq
> invasion? I thought I remembered hearing that it has to be before summer
> b/c a
> chemical/biological weapons attack would be devasting in the summer desert
> heat. Troops would have the choice of possibly mortal exposure to toxins or
> heat stroke. The lack of water in the desert would also make it tough on a
> soldier to clean up from such an attack, esp. in the summer.
>
> War is a project management nightmare... Lots of pieces have to fall in to
> place before you can really start imposing your will on another people. It
> seems that the political support piece hasn't fallen in to place as
> expected.
> I wonder what the other open issues are?

"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)
*&* Sil_Greene AT unc.edu *&* ICQ Silauren #36430811 *&*