internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Iraq and (...shift of topic)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Iraq and (...shift of topic)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:29:08 -0500

speaking of international law...

Does anyone remember the ruckus back when the other members decided they
didn't want the US on the UN Security Council, and the US Powers That Be
threw a tantrum, "waaah! fine! I'm taking my ball and going home ... oh, and
by the way, I'm not gonna pay my dues anymore either!"...?

I never really paid attention to the follow-up on that, but I recall lately
some bit of news about a US decision as a member of the Security Council.
Also, the UN site lists the US as a permanent member of the SC (a la the
permanent 5):
http://www.un.org/Overview/Organs/sc.html#MEMBERS
Either I totally misunderstood the original news item (or remember it
incorrectly), or something seriously changed. Can anyone fill me in on this?
Searches on Google and MetaCrawler have proven unsuccessful; perhaps I've
used the wrong search terms...

--Alan