internetworkers - [internetworkers] Iraq and connection to Terrorism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Joey Carr)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Iraq and connection to Terrorism
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:16:43 -0500 (EST)

International law is a reality and, I believe, a necessity.

It was an early appearance of International Law that held the trials at
Nuremberg. I prefer that court infinitely to the way the French
resistance treated collaborators.

I don't approve of our nation's current international and domestic policy.
I can do something about that: march in protests and engage in public
debate. I also disapprove of Iraq's international and domestic policy.
By what means can I change that? I could go over there and march in
protests, then maybe the people at my *funeral* could do something else.

Sanctions didn't work to improve the situation in Iraq, they only served
to punish the innocent population. Rogue nations like the U.S. taking
military action definitely isn't going to help anything. I simply do not
see a way of getting basic human rights to everyone in the world without
International Law or a single World Government (I'm beginning to think
that the latter is what the Bush Doctrine is headed for).

I have some contentions about making claims to foreknowledge of the course
of human evolution, but I'll leave those off. Regardless of the
possibilities or probabilities, we're going to have to hurry up and get to
a better place before we all get dead.

-Joey