internetworkers - [internetworkers] Overeager quarantined (was "New topic: ...")

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Joey Carr)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Overeager quarantined (was "New topic: ...")
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:49:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Steven Champeon wrote:

> Most of what I have seen in the form of bounce messages deals with virus
> protection, its correlate, blocking messages related to hoaxes (such as
> recently, when a message sent to the list bounced from a number of sites
> due to it being related to the jdbmgr.exe hoax),

It's only slightly related, but a funny anecdote: Norton quarantined the
cache file of a plain text document that contained the text of a VB virus.
The funny thing is that I was looking at an exhibit of computer art at the
Whitney museum's website.

http://www.whitney.org/artport/commissions/codedoc/index.shtml

The 'offensive document' was in Alex Galloway's project:

http://www.whitney.org/artport/commissions/codedoc/galloway.shtml