internetworkers - [internetworkers] New topic: Request for information on Censorship (NO FLAMES, ple ase)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Diane M. Kurilecz)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] New topic: Request for information on Censorship (NO FLAMES, ple ase)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:43:40 -0500

Gina wrote:
> I have been asked to moderate/facilitate a discussion of
> internet censorship at my alma matter, NCSSM.

All good points. Here's another:

Historically, programs which block specific (often broadly agreed-upon)
topics do not publicly list which sites they block or allow. This
allows them to block sites which don't have the same consensus as porn,
such as certain political views or educational sites. Bring them into a
discussion of Open Source and caveat emptor.

***diane

--
Diane M. Kurilecz d.m.kurilecz AT acm.org
Readercon http://readercon.org/