internetworkers - [internetworkers] how about YAEGCT?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] how about YAEGCT?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:36:30 -0500

hmmm, how about we shift gears to Yet Another Evil Government Conspiracy
Thread (this time, one with more direct ties to geekdom):

"You'd think in an open democracy that the government - answerable to
all its citizens rather than a handful of corporate officers and
stockholders - would program, repair, and control the voting machines.
You'd think the computers that handle our cherished ballots would be
open and their software and programming available for public scrutiny.
You'd think there would be a paper trail of the vote, which could be
followed and audited if there was evidence of voting fraud or
if exit polls disagreed with computerized vote counts.

You'd be wrong."

Paula, who would love to come hang with you guys sometime, but who has
band practice Thursday nights. Of course, InterNetWorkers could always
find a club to book us at simultaneously with the monthly
gathering............

  • [internetworkers] how about YAEGCT?, internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org, 02/03/2003