internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] DOI's

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Valli, Heather (NIH/NIEHS)" <valli AT niehs.nih.gov>
  • To: "'internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] DOI's
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:36:31 -0500

We're using them at my job to help us with out 24-hour acceptance-to-online
manuscript publication. Up until yesterday I would have been singing their
praises. However, the company with which we're handling the DOI registration
is having software problems, which means that the manuscripts I hoped to put
up yesterday won't go live until the problem is fixed. At the moment they're
saying maybe Monday. This means the 24-hour turn around that we're using as
a selling point to our authors just turned into a 5-day turnaround. Maybe.
Maybe longer. Software glitches happen. Their people have done a good job
keeping us in the loop. But our online production flow is still grinding to
a halt and it's entirely due to our dependence on the DOI system.

Heather V.

  • [internetworkers] DOI's, Wolfe, Joanna, 01/17/2003
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: [internetworkers] DOI's, Valli, Heather (NIH/NIEHS), 01/17/2003