internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] How do get the CED from stop spamming?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] How do get the CED from stop spamming?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:07:05 -0500

On Thursday 09 January 2003 07:0519pm, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger
wrote:
> Has anyone else been cursed with spam from the Council for
> Entrepreneurial Development? You would think an outfit with the
> purpose of helping startups would at least know how to run an opt-in
> mailing list, but no. I've been getting about one email every other
> day advertising some conference they have coming up, and nothing will
> get them to stop:

> 1.They don't have a mailing list-- its just broadcast email.
> 2. No instructions for getting off the email is in the message or on
> their site.
> 3. I've tried sending email to the office.
> 4. I've tried calling the office and talking to a human.
> 5. I've tried reporting them via SpamCop.

> Any other ideas?

Forward it to the FTC:

FTC Spam investigation <uce AT ftc.gov>

No, I'm not kidding. Yes, FTCs takes legal action (when enough
complaints arrive for a given company). Yes, FTC has prosecuted
spammers. Yes, FTC has won.

I routinely forward all my spam to the FTC. I get a grin in my face that
says "now eat this, you lousy spammer! deal with the FTC!"

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/