internetworkers - [internetworkers] need house?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] need house?
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:53:17 -0500

OK, so with all this talk about community, communities, and where to
live.... anybody wanna buy a house? No, not mine. It turns out that
through a total twist of fate, both the houses on either side of ours
have gone on the market within the last month or so. After having the
same very nice neighbors for the last 6 years we are suddenly faced with
both changing at once! We would dearly love it if we could get groovy
neighbors again, and have been telling everyone we could think of about
them in the hope that we can somehow influence the pool of potential
purchasers in our favor by sheer mass of mental energy. ;-)

Neighborhood: Northgate Park/Bragtown, Durham. 5 blocks from the actual
park, easy bike ride up the Greenway to Edison Johnson Rec Center &
Museum of Life & Science. Short hop to 9th street, Whole Foods,
Northgate Mall, Northpointe, downtown. 20 minutes to RTP, and I never
have to get on I-40. 20 minutes to Chapel Hill. Friendly place, very
little crime, lots of dog-walkers, houses mostly small bungalows from
the 1940s-1950's.

House #1: 1950's 2-story Cape Cod, 4 BR, 1.5 Bath, Kitchen, Living Room,
Dining Room, 2 car garage/workshop, deck & fenced backyard, extra lot
behind house (great for vegetable gardening or volleyball matches).
Sellers are older couple, retiring to a condo at Croaisdale (sp?). I
think they are asking $136,900. Listed with Seagroves Realty, MLS #
662462.

House #2: one-story bungalow, 3BR, 2 Bath, Kitchen, LR, Dining, family
room/den (very 70's Brady Bunch), covered front porch, concrete patio,
garden shed, fenced backyard. The family moved to a bigger house. This
one is listed at $119, 900. http://www.marieaustin.com/ , listing
#668450

Honestly, if you know any one who might even remotely be interested, and
they aren't just scary, ultra-far-right-wingers or all-night partiers or
coke dealers or homophobic or the type of people who will poison my cat
or pile trash in the yard, pass this email to them. I like to think
Internetworkers are groovy people, even if I never have personally met
most of you, and perhaps one of you can help prevent bad neighbor
syndrome on our block ;-)

Paula the sometime lurker