internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: [Money from the music industry]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fwd: [Money from the music industry]
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:55:49 -0500

If you read this carefully you will note that if too many people sign up it
will dilute the cash payment and if such dilution would make the
distribution less than $5 per person, then they will not make a payment and
will donate the money to charitable and non-profit organizations.

"The cash paid by the Defendants, after the payment of attorneys' fees,
litigation and Settlement administration costs, shall be distributed to
consumers who purchased Music Products. The number of claims filed will
determine the actual amount of the individual refund but will not exceed
$20.00 per claimant. If the number of claims filed would result in refunds
of less than $5.00 per claimant, there will be no cash distribution to
individual consumers. Rather, the cash portion of the Settlement shall be
distributed to not-for-profit, charitable, governmental or public entities
to be used for music-related purposes or programs for the benefit of
consumers who purchased Music Products."