internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Re: Uzi knitting at Caffe Driade?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Gina Norman" <gina.norman AT nortelnetworks.com>
  • To: "'internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Re: Uzi knitting at Caffe Driade?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:59:28 -0500

Title: RE: [internetworkers] Re: Uzi knitting at Caffe Driade?

> the "big new" thing i've been seeing around (mostly in coffee
> shops of chapel hill and carrboro) are *Knitting Circles*!  no
> kidding!  this is apparently coming back in waves...  or is it droves?

Yup -- knitting is the new hot thing.  I've been doing it for about the past year and a half ... several friends have gotten scarves, and I've just finished my most complicated project to date, a knitted, stuffed bunny rabbit.

If anyone happens to see a flyer for one of these things, jot down the info for me, would you?

>>>Meanwhile, back at the Pod Farm<<<

Here's what I'm thinking for Feb., if folks don't mind an open-source valentine making extravaganza sharing space with INW:

I can bring doilies, glue, 1 or 2 pairs of scissors, and some stamps and ink.  If interested parties (Diana, Thomas, -- who else wants to play?) could sign up to bring any or all of the following:

- red/white/pink/black construction paper
- crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.
- ribbon
- chenille stems
- clip art?  (maybe some 50's stuff would be fun?)
- any other bits that might be interesting affixed to a valentine
- more scissors/glue, etc.

The new Michael's at Brian Creek (where 540 meets 70) is *much* more splendid than all the others, BTW.  Still not as good as a mom-n-pop place, but they do have an amazing array of goodies.

What do y'all think?

-gina

<snip>

> Well the Feb gathering (location still t.b.d.) would be a good time
> for a open-source valentine-making side group.  We'd need to find a
> location that has suitable tables for folks who want to bring and
> share their valentine making supplies.  Might be fun!

  • RE: [internetworkers] Re: Uzi knitting at Caffe Driade?, Gina Norman, 01/06/2003