internetworkers - [internetworkers] Crypto software recommendation needed

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kate Johnson <johnk AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Crypto software recommendation needed
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:55:48 -0500 (EST)

A recommendation is needed for software that implements a one way hashing
algorithm on certain data set elements. The project I am working with
inputs data files with unique ids (per row) and then needs to hash those
ids into new ones.

Also, we are looking at either the SHA or MD5 algorithms. If
you have a recommendation on a more robust/useful algorithm, send that
over as well.

TIA,
Kate