internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: googlegeist [hamantaschen]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: machett AT ibiblio.org
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: googlegeist [hamantaschen]
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:13:57 -0500

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:18:08 -0500, Roger Austin said:

>Okay. What is it? Where can we get some?

Definition: [HAH-mahn-tah-shuhn] These small triangular pastries hold a sweet
filling, either of honey-poppy seed, prune or apricot. They're one of the
traditional sweets of Purim, a festive Jewish holiday. Also called Haman's
hats after Haman, the wicked prime minister of Persia who plotted the
extermination of Persian Jews. Haman's plot was foiled at the last minute and
the joyous festival of Purim was proclaimed in celebration.

--Copyright (c) 1995 by Barron's Educational Series, from The New Food
Lover's Companion, Second Edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst

Recipies:
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe/view?id=13706
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/food/demers/1257380

Locally:
...? Idunno. The coffee shop at Timberlyne in Chapel Hill carried them last
year, but their supplier went out of business. I haven't found another.

--Alan