internetworkers - [internetworkers] Turkish Remake of Star Trek

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Turkish Remake of Star Trek
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:24:27 -0500

http://www.thewavemedia.com/pagegen.php?pagename=article&articleid=22646

If you thought the original series was entertainingly cheesy, try this remake:

"The female personnel are forced to wear miniskirts that end four inches above the bottom of their asses, and when they turn around to work on the spray-painted cardboard computers, they have no secrets. I’m sure this leads to situations where the navigator loses his concentration and says, 'Miss Uhura, we are crotching a course for the panties sector, coordinates your whole ass hanging out. Repeat: panties, panties, panties.'”

"The movie abruptly cuts to a wacky shotgun wedding scene where a chubby man who looks like a cab driver (Omer) and an old woman in a wedding gown are surrounded by armed men in face-crawling moustaches. There are a lot of rubbery twanging sounds and Omer keeps making faces, suggesting that this is meant to be funny. Just as the ceremony gets underway, the unwilling groom disappears and shows up outside Profosor Krater’s cave where the speedoed robot chases him down in a comical mix of Mr. Bean, Tarzan and erotic massage oil."

http://www.thewavemedia.com/images/articles/8001-9000/8436.jpg

Michael Czeiszperger
czei at webperformanceinc dot com
Web Performance, Inc.