internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Power outage?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Welna, Sarah (NIH/NIEHS)" <welna AT niehs.nih.gov>
  • To: "'internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Power outage?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:39:26 -0500

Just getting Internet/email access today (Sunday) - only because the office
has electricity (this place has never looked so inviting! Just may stay
here...). Power went on and off all night on Wednesday night, and went out
for good at 6am on Thursday morning (this is in Chapel Hill). Still no
power (now noon on Sunday) - though 2 houses away, on another block - they
have had power since 1pm on Friday... Southpoint seems to be THE gathering
place. Prediction from Duke Power for power to the majority of the people
in Chapel Hill is Midnight Wednesday. Check the list yourself here:
http://www.dukepower.com/content/default2.asp?wpn=DP10

Did anyone see the lightshow that occurred through the night on Wednesday
night/Thursday morning? The sky kept turning a funky color of green...

Sarah

p.s. - I think this is payback for having electricity and water while others
didn't during Fran...