internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Still stuck: day 2

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Diane M. Kurilecz" <d.m.kurilecz AT ieee.org>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Still stuck: day 2
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:16:18 -0500

michael czeiszperger wrote:
> The next problem is what to do with the frozen food in the giant
> freezer in the garage. This morning we're cooking 5 dozen ch.
> wings and 2 lbs of shrimp so you're all welcome for lunch.

Most important thing to remember is to keep the freezer closed. As long
as it's full (and freezers work best when they're full, as opposed to
refrigerators, which should have more space), it will keep food frozen
for several days.

If you're in CP&L's service area, they can tell you the estimated time
of repair; Duke should also have this capability. For CP&L, call their
outage line (1-800-419-6356) and follow instructions. There should be a
point where they either tell you the estimate or admit they don't know.
They will also give you an opportunity to receive a callback when they
think your power has been restored. CP&L has a nifty system which
collects data from calls and places it in a database, where another
system figures out what equipment probably failed. So, always call in
your outage. More datapoints == better expert system analysis.

***diane, former CP&L Customer Service Center analyst

--
Diane M. Kurilecz d.m.kurilecz AT acm.org
Readercon http://readercon.org/