internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] INW Gathering

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] INW Gathering
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:00:34 -0500

Considering the weather and road conditions - the wet stuff on the roads
will almost certainly freeze sometime after the sun goes down, making
driving extremely hazardous (black ice and all) - is the meeting even
still on for tonight? Regardless of whether Tyler's has power or not,
wouldn't it make more sense to postpone it a week or two to a time when
it's safe to travel after dark?

Also, FWIW, I walked down the main block of Franklin Street around
noontime in search of a restaurant, and even though that block had
power, almost nothing was open. Ended up eating lunch in Lenoir Hall
(UNC's cafeteria). So, if Tyler's does have power, it will not
necessarily follow that they will be open.

- Bill