internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Power outage?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <pwcory AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Power outage?
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:27:02 -0500

Power went out in my section of Parkwood about 2 a.m. and has not returned. I was able to shut everything down, and am hoping that enough juice remains in the UPS to run the coffee maker.

We had one small tree fall and land on the shed behind the house, but it doesn't appear to have done much damage. We lost a couple of big limbs in the front yard, including one that hit the driveway, but fortunately missed the cars.

The fireplace is doing a good job keeping our family room warm. Since it looks as if the precipitation has ended, I'm planning dinner on the gas grill.

Things are definitely in the melting stage around here - however trees are still shattering with gunshot loud reports every so often.
The road surface on my street looks vastly improved, which will hopefully enable the power crews to work faster. Faster, faster! The batteries in my laptop will last only so long! :-)

Paul