internetworkers - [internetworkers] "get your war on" comes to chapel hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] "get your war on" comes to chapel hill
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:18:51 -0500 (EST)

yes My New Fighting Technique Is Unstoppable! www.mnftiu.cc creator David
Rees is edging into the mainstream with a book tour that includes Chapel
Hill with a stop in
209 Manning Hall
http://ils.unc.edu/ils/library/campusmap.html
Friday (tonight) at 7 pm

This follows a full page write up in Newsweek:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/826663.asp?cp1=1

earlier he was mentioned in the new yorker this way:

Office workers with razor-sharp cheekbones, rep ties, and banker pens in
David Rees's comic-strip collection Get Your War On (forthcoming from Soft
Skull Press) start their frame-to-frame phone conversations with lines
like, "Hey buddy. How are you enduring your freedom?" First posted last
October at www.mnftiu.cc, this strip finds exclamation-happy biz-school
Everypeople swearing and boozing their way through the chaotic national
events of the past year, with reactions ranging from calm ("I'm a little
confused. Are U.S. citizens allowed to kill suspected terrorists now?") to
excitable ("I want all my Americans who think this is our finest hour to
just throw your hands in the air!").( Dana Goodyear)

Paul Jones
"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As MetaLab.unc.edu
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071

  • [internetworkers] "get your war on" comes to chapel hill, Paul Jones, 11/08/2002