internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] ?s about Salary - the importance of home ownership

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas C. Meggs" <tom AT plik.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] ?s about Salary - the importance of home ownership
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:31:18 -0500

I second that.

I'm pretty sure that a good percentage of the unemployed have left SF by now, either back where they came from or jobs in the middle of nowhere, so its definitely not as bad as it was about a year ago. I'm not trying to say that its great, but maybe its a smidgen better.

Do keep in mind that as far as the job market is concerned, both California and North Carolina are horrible choices. I think last quarter I heard that the two worst states in the country for unemployment was California followed by none other then North Carolina.

That's not to say that its impossible to find jobs, just that its pretty hard, and you shouldn't expect very much at all in the event you do find something.

Regards,
Tom

Victor Minton wrote:

Hi,

The FIRST issue is getting a job. Their is no reason to believe the job
market is better on the left coast than here in the Triangle.

It is my understanding the the failure of many S.F. based dot.coms has left
a large pool of unemployed or underemployed developers.

Unless of independent means, get a job before moving rather than move and be
unemployed.

Good luck,
Vic Minton

--
$Id: .sig,v 1.18 2002/10/12 20:27:23 tom Exp $

pub 1024D/87F1C20F 2001-11-15 Thomas C. Meggs <tom AT plik.net>
Key fingerprint = 5E9A D535 B9DA A889 984B 9654 2025 409B 87F1 C20F
http://plik.net/tom/publickey.php

"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not
dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry."
-- Sir Winston Churchill