internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Free the Mouse!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Free the Mouse!
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:34:49 -0400 (EDT)

Get yer free bumper stickers to support Lessig and the copyright
challenge:
http://www.bumperactive.com/freemouse.html

--Sil

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 thomas AT tbeckett.com wrote:

> Today -- even as I write -- the oral arguments in Eldred v. Ashcroft
> are taking place before the U.S. Supreme Court. This case challenges
> the authority of Congress and Big Entertainment to perpetually extend the
> term of copyright protection. This effectively gives Big Entertainment
> the ability to put a price tag on participation in our culture, creating
> a regime where almost any creative works -- art, movies, writings, songs,
> and so on -- are /owned/ by someone, and cannot be copied, used, sampled
> or referenced without paying for the privilege.
>
> Lawrence Lessig is giving Petitioners (the good guys') arguments
> against the law, The Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act, a/k/a
> The Disney Profit Protection Act. I'd be grateful if y'all would
> take a moment to send good vibes, a prayer, or whatever it is you do, up
> to Washington for his success in this case. Raise your fist in the air
> and shout: "Free the Mouse!"
>
> Thanks for your kind attention.
>
> TaB
> info: http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/lessig/blog/

"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)
*&* Sil_Greene AT unc.edu *&* ICQ Silauren #36430811 *&*