internetworkers - [internetworkers] Forget air guitar, try Air Synthesizer!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Forget air guitar, try Air Synthesizer!
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:17:40 -0400

I recently purchased the new Alesis AirSynth, a modern version of the Theremin that allows you to wave your hand in the air and control a synthesizer. The sounds are great for this price, ranging from synthetic vocals to trance-style bass to percussion to FM. I've gotten the best sounds by very slow movement of the hands controlling filters over a very low sustained tone played at high volume.

http://www.alesis.com/products/airsynth/
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM01/Content/Alesis/PR/airSynth.html

I'm looking forward to Halloween this year, when I'll move it to the front porch and subject my neighbors to spooky sound effects until late in the evening :-)

Michael Czeiszperger | czei @ webperformanceinc dot com
Web Performance Inc. | http://webperformanceinc.com

  • [internetworkers] Forget air guitar, try Air Synthesizer!, Michael Czeiszperger, 08/26/2002