internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] 15 seconds of what

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] 15 seconds of what
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:08:27 -0400

If I remember correctly you want to wait an amount of time (be it 5
seconds or 15 or whatever) to let a hard disk spin down completely
before restarting the computer. If you try to spin it back up before
spinning it down completely you were putting an excessive amount of
strain on something or another.

- Bill

Bill Geschwind
Technical Assistance Manager
Department of Technology and Systems Support
Division of Student Affairs, University of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510 (919) 962-5629
Chapel Hill, NC 27599 geschwin AT email.unc.edu