internetworkers - [internetworkers] List Miigration Administrivia/Next Week Status

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] List Miigration Administrivia/Next Week Status
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:29:09 -0400

Hi,

I'm away from my email next week, so I won't be dealing with list
administrative issues next week. Depending on the issue, one of the other
admins may pick it up.

I have had to deal with just a trickle of issues since the migration, all of
which fall in to one of these camps:

* We are now on internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org, not
internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu . If you don't see your post come up on
the list, you may want to check and make sure that it is going to
internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org , not internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu .
If I get the time today, I'll set up an auto-responder on the franklin list to
help troubleshoot this issue.

* Email has also been bouncing when non-subscribed email addresses attempt to
respond to a post. This has happened when people auto-forward email from a
subscribed email account to another email account, and respond from the
downstream email account. The easiest solution is to just subscribe the
downstream account with the No Mail option. You won't receive duplicate
emails, and you can post from any account you like.

* Though it is tempting, please DO NOT post small mammals to the list! Besides
the obvious cruelty issues, we end up with fur all over the OSI stack on the
server, lots of bite marks in the data link and the occasional cat fight in
the presentation layer. Posting bugs is okay.

* Thanks again to Scott Russell for his hard work on the migration.

Cheers!

  • [internetworkers] List Miigration Administrivia/Next Week Status, Michael D. Thomas, 08/23/2002