internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Critical Mass: Description

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <camccarthy AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Critical Mass: Description
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:49:02 -0400

Critical Mass is sponsored by the Council for Entrepreneual Development (CED).  I'll copy a description of the event.

Every time I've gone I've met very bright, very energetic, very visionary folks who are looking for employees, looking for business partners, or (lately, given the economy) looking for jobs.  I've always gotten a benefit from going.  Spending an evening drinking beer with bright, enthusiastic, techie-types who are trying to go from having a cool idea to having a cool marketable product is a fun way (at least for me) to spend an evening...

"Critical Mass is a casual group of young entrepreneurial-minded tech types. The purpose of the group is to get people together, have some fun and get the conversation flowing. Whether you are happily employed at a tech firm, thinking about your next start-up venture, or trying to get a handle on what's going on with the Triangle's best young minds, we all have a vested interest in seeing this technology community succeed. Let's start talking about it.

We get together on the first Wednesday of each month - it's a great chance to socialize and network with tomorrow's technology leaders. Join the list to be included in the next invitation!

From http://www.cednc.org/events/networking/#social

Colleen McCarthy, PMP
Technology Manager/Project Manager
BSEE (Go State!), MBA (C'mon Tarheels!)