internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: RE: Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: froglips AT sprintmail.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: RE: Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:55:08 -0400

Or, you could make the leap to the solar powered electric mower!

I can't endorse it, but the coolness factor is pretty high.

Oh, and yes, you sould only use it during the day.

Jim

http://www.realgoods.com/shop/shop6.cfm?dp=601&ts=2148008

Solar Powered Mulching Mower
NEW! Sun-powered mulch mower does more with less. Envision yourself power
mowing your lawn without oil, gas, finicky pull-cords, choking exhaust or
deafening engine roar ever again. The Solar Powered Mulching Mower makes that
dream come true with a delightfully quiet, thoroughly dependable Black &
Decker
electric engine that runs on the sun. Featuring all of the positives and none
of the negatives of polluting gas mowers, it keeps lawns looking sharp with a
19" mulching blade that sends nutrient-laden cuttings back to your lawn (not
landfill) for increased vitality. Quick-set height allows you to customize
your
cut. Includes a rear-bagger for mulching leaves come autumn.

> On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Bob Kucera wrote:
>
> > Make natural areas, flagstone patio areas, porch or deck, walkways,
> > garden plots, flower beds, line edges with small bushes and perennials.
> > Cut the remainder, if there must be a remainder, with a reel mower. No
> > gas, no cords, no noise, easier mower maintenance.
>
> Or maybe use a scythe.
>
> http://www.scythesupply.com/
>
> http://www.scythesource.com/
>
> http://www.s-t.com/daily/09-97/09-14-97/d03ho143.htm
>
> http://www.cal.net/~pmg/scythe/advantage.htm
>
> Steve

  • [internetworkers] Re: RE: Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?, froglips, 07/23/2002