internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <david AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:47:41 -0400

If you don't subscribe, head over to the Library and check out Consumer
Reports. They do a nice write up each year on lawnmowers. They also go over
the pros and cons of electric vs. gas power. I am very happy with the push
(non-powered) gas mower they recommended. That it also happened to be the
least expensive mower they reviewed that year was an added bonus.

David

On 7/21/02 10:40 AM, "Bill Vinson" <billvinson AT nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Anyone have any recommendations on corded electric lawnmowers?
>
> I am thinking about getting a Black & Decker Lawn Hog 19" Corded lawn
> mower MM875. I have read that the Cordless models don't hold a charge
> for very long and can become unpredictable due to different grass
> conditions effecting the length of the charge. So, I am now looking at
> the corded model. Any thoughts on how well the model works? Any owners
> out there?
>
> I know cord management will be an issue/trade-off, but so is gas/oil in
> my mind. I will be having a quarter of an acre coming up in less than 2
> weeks which I think will be small enough to be manageable with an
> electric. Any thoughts on mowing when grass has grown a little or is
> somewhat damp?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

  • Re: [internetworkers] Electric Lawnmower Thoughts?, David Minton, 07/22/2002