internetworkers - Need help finding a live in Aid

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Andrews <mandrews AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Need help finding a live in Aid
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:17:10 -0400

I now this is off topic, but this list has always been a good source of
random knowledge, so here goes. My youngest sister Delphine is going to be a
sophomore at UNC this fall. She is confined to a wheelchair so she has been
looking for a live in aid. She has posted fliers around town and taken out a
few ads in the newspaper without much luck. I was wondering if anyone on the
list knows anyone who might be interested in the position, or if anyone
knows of any resources that might be helpful in finding an aid. I have
attached the job description below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark

Live-In Care Provider Wanted

For a disabled, female, UNC student

Job starts August 15, 2002

Requirements:
-Female
-Strong
-Non-smoker
-No children
-Good driving record
-No criminal record
-Likes dogs

Responsibilities:
-Transfer to bed, bathroom, etc.
-Help with shower and bathrooms
-Help with dressing
-Help with preparing or getting food
-Driving to and from places
-Traveling (transportation and accommodations included)
-Light cleaning (laundry, making bed, etc.)

Pay:
-$60/day for weekdays
-$70/day for Sat. & Sun.
-Plus free rent in a house in Carrboro

Time off:
-Every other weekend
-One weeknight a week from 6:00 PM ­ 10:00 PM