internetworkers - Re: FW: Solaris help?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FW: Solaris help?
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 04:48:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Bill Geschwind wrote:

> I just received this plea for help from an acquaintance, but unfortunately
> I'm not conversant in UNIX to the point where I can offer her any useable
> help. If anybody out in Internetworker-land who is conversant with Solaris
> feels like helping, I'm sure it will be very much appreciated (in which case
> please contact her directly.)
> Thanks,
> Bill

Some pointers for CDE-related topics are at

http://www.plig.org/xwinman/cde.html

with a link to the comp.unix.cde FAQ (that I used to maintain, then host,
then the new guy seems to have lapsed)

http://www.immt.pwr.wroc.pl/faq/msg00025.html

Installing CDE isn't that hard. Customizing it is a pain. However, I'm not
sure that's her only problem from the bried description.

best,
Steve Burnett

> Bill Geschwind
> Technical Assistance Manager
> Department of Technology and Systems Support
> Division of Student Affairs, University of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill
> 03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510 (919) 962-5629
> Chapel Hill, NC 27599 geschwin AT email.unc.edu

Steve Burnett burnett AT pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval

  • FW: Solaris help?, Bill Geschwind, 07/07/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: FW: Solaris help?, burnett, 07/07/2002