internetworkers - Re: have any opinions on islam?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: have any opinions on islam?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Michael Thomas wrote:

> Per the arguments: I don't consider the shoes that someone wears or the
> car someone drives as a reason to hate them.

i'm not saying i hate anyone based upon such superficial things. what i *am*
saying is that excusing such extreme behavior with statements like "we need
do our level best to help the people of islam embrace modernity" is bogus.

> A better reason to hate someone: they want to kill you and take your stuff.

which is pretty much what is going on here. with the help of their
"diplomats."

> But ultimately, hate gets in the way of reason, including the obvious
> truth that hate has no reason.

there are always reasons to hate. man has been creating them for eons.

> Peace.

peace only works if it is reciprocal.