internetworkers - Re: for the unemployed among us, would anyone be interested in a **free** outplacement session?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: for the unemployed among us, would anyone be interested in a **free** outplacement session?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:47:54 -0000 (UTC)

Dan, you rock! Let me know what I can do to help.

TaB

> Good morning!
>
> Not long
ago, I was contacted by a non-INW entity about helping her
> formulate a job search strategy.
I met with her for a half day, and it
> was fun. More recently offline, one our fellow INW
members suggested
> I write a related article for the web site.
>
> I recognize many of us
experienced a downsizing event, and some of our
> former employers did absolutely nothing
to assist a career transition.
> "Out Out Former Employee" seems to be the mantra at many of
our
> region's smaller companies.
>
> I thought quite a bit about it, and decided I would
like to prepare
> something more in depth. IF RESPONSE is sufficient, I will prepare a

fairly comprehensive outplacement course outlining job search
> strategies, resumes,
interviews, and references. A viable job search
> strategy is more than just simply
looking for a job, it includes market
> evaluation and personal assessment.
>
> I will
need some time to put together the course materials, and will
> need email addresses to send
the outlines in advance. Since I am not
> planning to charge for this, I want to keep my costs
to a minimum.
> Participation response will determine the session location.
>
> Those
who are employed, but would like the opportunity to explore
> outplacement strategies are
also welcome.

> INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE RESPOND OFFLIST.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
Smith

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ You are currently subscribed to

internetworkers as: thomas AT tbeckett.com To unsubscribe send a blank
> email to leave-
internetworkers-91030S AT franklin.oit.unc.edu