internetworkers - for the unemployed among us, would anyone be interested in a **free** outplacement session?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: for the unemployed among us, would anyone be interested in a **free** outplacement session?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:33:03 -0400

Good morning!

Not long ago, I was contacted by a non-INW entity about helping her formulate a job search strategy. I met with her for a half day, and it was fun. More recently offline, one our fellow INW members suggested I write a related article for the web site.

I recognize many of us experienced a downsizing event, and some of our former employers did absolutely nothing to assist a career transition. "Out Out Former Employee" seems to be the mantra at many of our region's smaller companies.

I thought quite a bit about it, and decided I would like to prepare something more in depth. IF RESPONSE is sufficient, I will prepare a fairly comprehensive outplacement course outlining job search strategies, resumes, interviews, and references. A viable job search strategy is more than just simply looking for a job, it includes market evaluation and personal assessment.

I will need some time to put together the course materials, and will need email addresses to send the outlines in advance. Since I am not planning to charge for this, I want to keep my costs to a minimum. Participation response will determine the session location.

Those who are employed, but would like the opportunity to explore outplacement strategies are also welcome.

INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE RESPOND OFFLIST.

Thanks,

Dan Smith