internetworkers - Re: New Local Wireless Users Group

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Bill Vinson <billvinson AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New Local Wireless Users Group
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 01:47:00 -0400

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 12:05:25AM -0400, Michael D. Thomas wrote:
> > There is a new wireless user group setting up shop in town, Triangle
> > Wireless Users Group. I hope this announcement isn't out of line,
>
> Not at all! Always good to hear of new learning and community building
> efforts.
>
> Curious... Are there plans to look at the other side of wireless -- wireless
> Internet access from PDAs, cell phones, blackberry, etc.?

Actually, I hadn't thought of including them, but that doesn't mean they
wouldn't fit it :) I would be happy to create a forum for non-802.11
non-Bluetooth if there is interest. I'm not sure quite how to classify
them or if they should be lumped in together.

Let me know your thoughts and it is feedback is always appreciated
within the Feedback forum at TriWUG ;)

Thanks,
Bill
Bill Vinson