internetworkers - deadline extended (was help in finding women-led entrepreneurial companies seeking venture in next year)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: deadline extended (was help in finding women-led entrepreneurial companies seeking venture in next year)
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:26:49 -0400

InterNetworkers,

I wanted to pass along to any interested parties that the deadline for application to present at Springboard has been extended to 6/6 (see below for details). The contact at CED is <asmith AT cednc.org>.

Heather

>Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:15:11 -0400
>To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
>From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
>Subject: help in finding women-led entrepreneurial companies seeking
>venture in next year
>
>Folks,
>
>As a Springboard Forum Committee member, I've been tasked with helping to
>identify women-led entrepreneurial companies who are seeking venture
>capital (equity financing) in the next twelve months. By "women-led," this
>means that the company has a woman (women) in key management position(s)
>and who has a substantial equity interest in the business. If you know any
>companies that fit this demographic and would be interested in hearing
>about a program that could improve their chances at getting venture, please
>forward the application information included below to them. If they have
>any questions, they can contact Springboard, CED, or me.
>
>If you're unfamiliar with Springboard (the conference folks, not the
>hosting company), they are a national, not-for-profit venture dedicated to
>increasing women's participation in the equity capital markets as both
>entrepreneurs and investors. The Springboard Venture Capital Forums provide
>women-led firms' access to investment opportunities and to assist women
>entrepreneurs in navigating the equity markets. The forums provide women
>entrepreneurs with a platform for greater visibility and strategic
>connections to investment and business development experts.. Eight forums
>have been held in major markets since early 2000 and presenters from those
>forums have gone on to raise more than $750 million in equity capital for
>their businesses. Springboard: Southeast 2002 will be hosted by CED
>(www.cednc.org) and Springboard Enterprises and held at the Kenan-Flagler
>Business School at UNC-Chapel Hill on September 27, 2002. It is a great
>opportunity to tap investors from throughout the U.S. who are interested in
>expanding their pipeline of deals.
>
>The final application deadline for Springboard: Southeast 2002, is just
>around the corner Friday May 31st! You can complete the application on line
>at:
>
> http://www.springboardenterprises.org/progeven/pe2.asp?pid=72.
>
>Final Application Deadline is May 31st
>
>If you aren't interested in presenting, but are interested in becoming
>involved, contact CED about:
>
> -Becoming a sponsor
> -Sign up for a committee
> -Becoming a venture partner
> -Signing up as a supporting organization
>
>Or:
> -Refer women entrepreneurs to apply at www.springboard2000.org
> -Spread the word through your networks and communities
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Heather

---
Heather A. Hesketh http://www.hesketh.com
CEO vox: 919.834.2552 x12
hesketh.com/inc. fax: 919.834.2554

Up to $20 billion per year is being left on the table.
Read User Experience as Corporate Imperative.
http://www.hesketh.com/proof/white_papers/

  • deadline extended (was help in finding women-led entrepreneurial companies seeking venture in next year), Heather Hesketh, 05/23/2002