internetworkers - Suggestions for replying to Junk Mail

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Dallas Smith" <dallas.smith AT pobox.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Suggestions for replying to Junk Mail
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:58:01 -0400

Great ideas for the telemarketers...I just like to set the phone down on the
counter until they've hung up.

A friend of mine sent me these suggestions on getting rid of Junk Mail..
Not sure it would do much good, but it might make you feel better.

Why fill up our trash bags or recycling containers?

When you get ads in your phone or utility bill, send them back with the
payment. Let them throw it away. Think globally, act locally.

ANOTHER GOOD IDEA: When you get those pre-approved
letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd
mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage
paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid of some of
your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes!

Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American
Express, or a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get
anything else that day, then just send them their application
back! Just make sure your name isn't on anything you send
them. You can send it back empty if you want to just to keep
'em guessing!

Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin
getting all their junk back in the mail. Let's let them know
what it's like to get junk mail, and best of all. THEY'RE
paying for it! Twice! !

--
Dallas Smith
dallas.smith AT pobox.com