internetworkers - Re: Lyris madness

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lyris madness
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:22:39 -0400

Steve Champeon has a detailed technical article about using Mailman for list communities:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N1942.NewArchitect/B984350;sz=336x280;ord=1809767564?

Why that URL points to doubleclick.net is beyond me, but the article's for real. It's a followup to a more general piece he wrote on setting up email lists:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N1942.NewArchitect/B984350;sz=336x280;ord=1060399947?

Both are from New Architect.

TaB

At 08:14 AM 4/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:
http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/04/18/2327248.shtml?tid=51

Mailman: Mailing lists for the rest of us
Monday April 22, 2002 - [ 04:13 PM GMT ]
Topic - Free Software - By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols -

My name is Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols and I ... I run mailing lists. It
started when I was just a brat running mailing lists for my Dungeons and
Dragons games using LISTSERV on AT&T 3B2 boxes running ITS System V Unix.
Soon, I had moved up to the hard stuff: Majordomo. As years went by, I ran
more and more lists using a wider and wider variety of software even going
so far as to run Revnet's GroupMaster (now DoubleClick's UnityMail) on ...
on NT.

I know, I know, I had sunk as far as a Unix mailing list manager could go,
but then a few years ago, I ran into Mailman, and I was born again.

[more at the above URL]

Paul Jones
"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As MetaLab.unc.edu
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071