internetworkers - Re: UNIX is the devil's work

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: UNIX is the devil's work
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:27:12 -0400

And one can't overlook how Google is endangering the world's pigeons purely
for business gain...

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

"Google uses only low-cost, off-the-street pigeons for its clusters. Gathered
from city parks and plazas by Google's pack of more than 50 Phds
(Pigeon-harvesting dogs), the pigeons are given a quick orientation on web
site relevance and assigned to an appropriate data coop."

Sure, Google is a great search engine, but at what moral and ethical cost??