internetworkers - UNIX is the devil's work

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: UNIX is the devil's work
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:09:02 -0400

I thought this article was hilarious, though I hope it is clever satire.

David

Excerpts from OBJECTIVE: Christian Ministries:

http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html

"However, these propagandists aren't just targeting the young. Take for
example Apple Computers, makers of the popular Macintosh line of computers.
The real operating system hiding under the newest version of the Macintosh
operating system (MacOS X) is called... Darwin! That's right, new Macs are
based on Darwinism! While they currently don't advertise this fact to
consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly
Atheists and Pagans. Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an "Open
Source" license, which is just another name for Communism. They try to hide
all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but the truth has
finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism."

[snip]

ADDENDUM III (4/20/2002): Another reader (it has been busy today!) has
informed me of another link between Apple and the forces of darkness that my
initial research missed. Apparently the Darwin OS is not the original
creation of Apple Computers but is instead based off of an older, obsolete
OS called "BSD Unix". The child-indoctrinatingly-cute cartoon mascot of this
OS is a devil holding a pitchfork (pictured above). This OS -- and its
Darwin offspring -- extensively use what are called "daemons" (which is how
Pagans write "demon" -- they are notoriously poor spellers: magick, vampyre,
etc.) which is a program that hides in the background, doing things without
the user's notice. If you are using a new Macintosh running OS X then you
probably have these "daemons" on your computer, hardly something a good
Christian would want! This clearly illustrates that not only is Macintosh
based on Darwinism, but Darwinism is based on Satanism.

ADDENDUM IV (4/21/2002): Apparently anti-Christian zealots -- as well as
shocked Christians who have unwittingly become Mac owners -- are linking to
this article, which explains the large number of emails we have received on
this topic. More clues have come in showing the dark nature of Apple
Computers. According to one of our readers, the new MacOS X contains another
Satanic holdover from the "BSD Unix" OS mentioned above; to open up certain
locked files one has to run a program much like the DOS prompt in Microsoft
Windows and type in a secret code: "chmod 666". What other horrors lurk in
this thing?