internetworkers - bizzarro to the rescue... (was: Re: FUD alert!)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: bizzarro to the rescue... (was: Re: FUD alert!)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

Roger --

i am leaning your way in agreement. a lot of this stuff *does* come up on the
trilug list, but for some reason, the internetworkers like to go at M$ like a
pack of rabid dogs. most days i find it quite entertaining.

in reference to your bizarre content woe, i have noticed that in my recent
postings of "bizarre content" there are almost no responses. but when i (or
someone else) posts about hating M$, i wake up to 1,400+ messages of hotly
contested debate and bitter rage against a large monolithic uncaring
corporation. doesn't this make you all tired?

over the last year or so, i have decided to release myself from the grip of
anger and frustration that comes with watching M$ topple the press, the
government, ...well, everything. apparently there is nothing i (we?) can do,
so
perhaps i (we?) should stop bitching about it and go get some work done. also
along these lines, i've found that if you make one flip comment about M$ or
point out their blatant wrong-doing, folks start to see you only as a
"anti-M$,
pro-linux maniac." this has never really been my stance, but some people
ascribe
it to me anyway. so, i try to not rant about M$ and just let it go.

in terms of bizarre, i would like to offer this very interesting (yet
slightly
disturbing) art site on the web:

http://www.lowbrowartworld.com/

you can even buy this stuff to display in your comfortable home. i love that.
so, perhaps if i could get some groundswell of support behind my freaky-ass
postings, then we could possibly see less anti-M$ rants and postings.

who knows?
dave ;)
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t