internetworkers - OTCBB spams

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Dallas Smith" <dallas.smith AT pobox.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: OTCBB spams
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:16:30 -0400

Hello,
Has anyone found any ways to stop the (OTCBB) spams? I'm getting several
a day across multiple accounts. They have an unsubscribe option, though you
have to type in your address, and I don't know what address they're using,
they keep it hidden, nor do I want to give them any new addresses. I've
tried sending them to spamcop (http://www.spamcop.com) but you really never
know if you're making a difference with that. I can filter them out in my
email, but I just thought there might be some kind of trick to get rid of
them like there was with the X10 pop-up windows.
Just thought I'd check,
Dallas
--
Dallas Smith